Monday, November 21, 2011

Days 7 and 8

Day 7: Something Green

Well something green sure as heck should be easy for me since I an a farmer and there is plenty of green to be found around the farm.  We have green in all shades, the gorgeous blue-green of cotton, yellow-green of peanuts, bright green of newly emerging wheat, the pungent green of a steaming cow patty, and of course John Deere green in all its shade from shiny and new to well used and faded to perfection.

"Well why didn't you just take a picture of on of those things and throw it up to stay on schedule we have been waiting on pins and needles for your next post."  I know that is what everyone has been thinking over the last couple days waiting on me to update my blog.  Not really i know you were too busy watching football.  Here is why i didn't post a pic of one of the obvious farm shots, first off it is late fall and the only thing growing and green is some seedling wheat, that isn't too photogenic yet, and weeds that are too dumb to realize that it has frozen and they are supposed to be dead,  I am keeping the steamer in mind for another photo opportunity so you may still see it in the future and I already did the John Deere thing.

While walking around Daddy Doc's old shop looking for something interesting to shoot I saw this old screwdriver sticking into a board holding a key.  I am not sure what the key goes to since we don't keep that old building locked since Cory took Old Blue to KC, Cory has that old truck looking good.  I liked the look and decided that this would be my subject for "Something Green"


Day 8: Something Tall

Guess what, I found the subject for my next challenge on the farm amazing isn't it?  I think part of this challenge is to take something you see everyday and find an artistic and unique way to capture in in one of the categories of the challenge.  When I first saw the challenge of the day was something tall I thought I had better call up my buddy Kurt, he is tall, but then I dont always go for the obvious, so lets look for something else.

I decided to use the old overhead fertilizer bins for today's shoot, might as well use them for something, as much as fertilizer costs I don't see them getting filled until we recover form this dad'gum drought.  They are tall I am guessing about 40' or so.  I stood under them shooting up the leg by the latter to force the perspective to make them look even taller. 

A little work in Light room to give them a harder more industrial look, so here we go with "Something Tall"
Come back tomorrow for Day 9: Somewhere you like to relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment