Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 1 of the 30 day Photo Challenge: Yourself

I have decided to make myself work on my photography creativity by participating in one of the many 30 day photo challenges floating around the web.  I have also recently gotten my first flash and I want to incorporate the learning to use it in a creative and atypical manner i.e. the off camera Strobist look.

Well here is what I tried for today:
I sat the flash on a light stand directly across and pointing directly at the camera.  I set the camera in flash commander mode to control the off camera flash.  The camera was set to Manual Mode and after a few test shots I ended up with a setting of 1/200 sec @ f16 and ISO 100 the flash was set for a 3 stop overexposure.    I did a little editing and cropping in iPhoto Bringing down the exposure and desaturating for a more black and white feel.(i usually use Lightroom but I am at the house and using Zoee's macbook, expanding my comfort zones in other areas as well)

Tomorrows challenge is "A View from your Bedroom Window" gotta start thinking about that one.

Here is the list of the daily challenges i will be using as my guide:
Day One: Yourself.
Day Two: A view from your bedroom window.
Day Three: Somebody that you love.
Day Four: Your favourite drink.
Day Five: Some shadows.
Day Six: A colleague.
Day Seven: Something green.
Day Eight: Something tall.
Day Nine: Somewhere you like to relax.
Day Ten: Something sentimental.
Day Eleven: An interesting geological feature.
Day Twelve: An animal.
Day Thirteen: Your favourite building.
Day Fourteen: Looking down from something.
Day Fifteen: Water.
Day Sixteen: Some letters (not mail).
Day Seventeen: A clock.
Day Eighteen: The sky.
Day Nineteen: Something red.
Day Twenty: A collection of your favourite things.
Day Twenty One: Somebody you don't know.
Day Twenty Two: Something delicious.
Day Twenty Three: A picture taken at night.
Day Twenty Four: An interesting pattern.
Day Twenty Five: Your best friend.
Day Twenty Six: Something round.
Day Twenty Seven: Something seasonal.
Day Twenty Eight: A car.
Day Twenty Nine: Something reflective.
Day Thirty: A smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment