Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 5: Some Shadows

Well todays creativity challenge should be an easy one especially out here where we are deep in the grasp of La Nina and her drought and endless high pressure sure makes for good sun so good shadows. (I don't know how to put the little ~ over the n so live with it, if I was still in school and taking spanish I would probably know but I don't and this is about learning photography not tilde insertion 101)  But what do I do yep you guessed it I procrastinated and it got dark on me no easy outs on todays photo,  or was it my inner demon saying don't take the easy way out you have that high dollar flash, that you really should learn to use, use it force the daylight loving shadow to make an unscheduled nighttime appearance.

How should I get the shadow to come out to visit?  First things first, let there be light, or get the flash out and put it on a light stand but not just any light stand I had a totally rad gnarly to the max voice activated light stand that kinda did what i wanted, Thanks Mom!  Next on the agenda what to use to coax the shadow out of, yeah you guessed it oh Zoee wanna come outside in the cold and dark to be my model yet again.  What am i forgetting...Ah the camera I set it on the tripod, set the mode dial to the dreaded manual used f8@1 sec and iso 100 for my basic exposure setting, the flash was going to do all the work anyway so I set the cameras flash to commander and the off camera flash was the slave also set to manual and an output of 1/2 power.

OK here is the Pic I have Words With Friends to play enough blogging for tonight. (AggieBonfire is my WWF name if anyone is up for a game)



See you tomorrow for Day 6: A Colleague


No comments:

Post a Comment