Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 14: Looking Down from Something

Day 14: Looking Down from Something

I am not a fan of heights so it should be at least a little bit understandable why i am a little slow getting this post up, plus it has been cold and wet so that hasn't made me any more excited about climbing something tall.  But the real reason is my muse must be on break or something, I just could not get the creativity flowing for this one.  I could not think of anywhere I could go to shoot anything interesting from above.

Today the weather was beautiful, I finished my book (I highly recommend 11/22/63 by Stephen King it is a lengthy tome but he keeps you into it and keeps you guessing) so I grabbed the camera put on the 10.5 mm 2.8 fish-eye and headed outside to see what i could come up with.  The fish-eye always seems to help me find my groove.  (Wende is not a fan of the fish-eye, but that is not the reason i like it.)

While shooting Smokey I realized I really didn't have to be extremely high to shoot something from above, and the fish-eye exaggerates the height even more.  I climbed up on Zoee's play-set, gazed through the view finder to see what i could find, not much ugh what now.

Yep you got it time to call for my underpaid model.  Zoee come out and swing for a little while you have seen Ratatouille like a hundred times it is too pretty to be inside. (And I need you so I can get this days photograph done.)  Keep swinging Zoee as I move from perch to perch shooting away.  (It was a challenge balancing on those plastic climbing rock holds and holding a camera)  I didn't fall and I got some decent shots.

I came in and was ready to edit them, but I didn't bring my computer home from the office and my laptop at home is just enough to surf. Zoee's computer has the brains and speed to do it but it is kinda fruity and iPhoto just doesn't do what I had in mind.  Ugh what to do,  well I broke down and downloaded a trial of Lightroom for mac so I could do a little work when I didn't bring a real computer home. (Don't get mad Apple folk I love my iPhone but just cannot seem to get used to a Mac I love My PC and Windows.)

Well enough blabbery here is Zoee just a swingin'.
Next up Day 15: Water

No comments:

Post a Comment