Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 16: Some Letters (Not Mail)

I have had several people ask me if i was finished with my Photography Challenge and posting new pics.  First off i am deeply humbled that people have followed my blog and have enjoyed it enough to take the time to ask me about it.  Next I am not done and even when the 30 Day list i am doing now is completed I have another way I am going to use to keep my creativity, photography and blogging going.  I am not going to give you a bunch of excuses why I haven't posted in a bit but I am sure if you can use your imagination or just your lives at this time of year and you can kinda figure out what has thrown a wrench in the mechanism.  I thoroughly enjoy this and will keep it going as long as I am having fun.

Back to the ranch, the next challenge facing my lens is Letters (not Mail).  This was a case of not seeing the forest for the trees, there are plenty of chances to photograph letters but for the life of me I had a hard time finding a subject that struck my artistic bulls-eye, being  relatively immature in my artistic endeavors  my bulls-eye is still rather large and undefined.  (My artistry is not the only immature thing about me just ask Wende how I love a good improper joke.)

I was feeling guilty that I haven't updated the blog in a timely manner so today I made myself go find some letters to capture.  As i was getting my camera together to go grab my shots it came to me that I own a few letters, well at least a few of the lettered series of John Deere Tractors.  My little collection of antique Deere's started with the G that belonged to Wende's granddad Edo.  I brought this tractor home from the Hobbs farm and did a little work to it to make it a decent lugger for antique tractor pulling.  One thing I haven't done to it is any body work or paint. (Just not my thing, to meticulous and clean I like getting greasy working on a tractor)

So here it is a photo of one of my letters, Edo's G.

Oh I almost forgot!  I used my 50mm/1.8 on this because i wanted a very shallow depth of field so that just part of the screen printed G was in focus. 

Come back next time for:  Day 17 A Clock

No comments:

Post a Comment